The BS Computer Science program includes the study of computing concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations and new developments in computing. The program prepares students to design and create algorithmically complex software and develop new and effective algorithms for solving computing problems.
Program Educational Objectives:
BSCS Graduates are expected to demonstrate the following set of educational objectives after two (2) years:
- Apply quality and righteous knowledge of mathematics, computer science theories, and scientific method with proficiency in identifying, formulating, and analyzing solutions to computing problems;
- Design, write, modify, and implement an algorithm to software from defined problems and requirements to reach substantiated solutions;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate at a team level and the public at large;
- Exhibit exemplary behavior, conscious of social and environmental responsibility through active professional engagement; and
- Engage in lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
- Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, knowledge of a computing specialization, and mathematics, science, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements
- Identify, analyze, formulate research literature, and solve complex computing problems and requirements reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices
- Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
Frequently Asked Questions about Computer Science
What will I Learn as a CS Student?
- Demonstrate Proficiency in Problem Solving Techniques using the Computer
- Design & Develop Principles in the Construction of Software System varying Complexity
- Apply Mathematical Foundations, Algorithmic Principles, and Computer Science Theory in the Modeling and Design of Computer-Based Systems
Is this the right track for me? If you…
- enjoy technology
- are aproblem solver
- are comfortable working with team environment
- love working with numbers and computational problems
- are creative and imaginative
Why BS in Computer Science? When I graduate I can be a….
- Software Engineer & System Software Developer
- Application and Software Developer
- Research and Development Computing Professional
- Data Scientist
- and many others